I had so much fun exploring Cape Town with kulula.com and Avios. To mark the announcement of the kulula and Avios partnership, one lucky reader has a chance to win a return kulula flight, to any of their domestic destinations.
Check out my video of my adventure-filled day in Cape Town…
Earn Avios with kulula
So kulula have partnered with Avios, the global travel rewards programme, so that kulula fans can collect Avios points when making a flight booking on kulula.com. Through Avios, the global travel rewards programme, you can now collect Avios points when booking on kulula.com at an earn rate of 3 Avios for every R10 spent.
How much Avios could I have earned in a year by flying kulula?
I thought it would be interesting to make a little calculation of all the domestic travel I did last year – these were mainly flights between Johannesburg, Durban and Cape Town.
I know I travel a lot more than the average leisure traveller but I don’t think I travel more than the average business traveller. After going through all my tickets my domestic ticket count was as follows:
- Johannesburg to Durban – 5 return flights
- Johannesburg to Cape Town – 3 return flights, 1 one way
- Durban to Cape Town – 1 return flight, 1 one way
That’s basically one return domestic trip a month. If I’d flown all my domestic legs with kulula, I would have earned around 12,000 Avios. To find out how you can spend your Avios points, check out their website here.
The cool thing is you can also earn Avios via their other partners – such as British Airways, Pick n Pay and BP. Pretty cool huh?
How to WIN a return flight with kulula and Avios
Comment on my Facebook page or Twitter, on why you should win the return flights with kulula to any of their domestic destinations. Most original answer wins! Tag me @Mzansigirl AND use the hashtag #ForTheLoveofTravel
A few rules of the competition:
- Competition closes 5pm on 30 May
- There are limited seats available on peak period flights, i.e. long weekends, public and school holidays, Fridays and Sundays, so you would need to book in advance. Booking requests should ideally be made a minimum of one week prior to the intended date of travel. kulula does not warrant or guarantee that the tickets will be available at the intended time of travel.
- The ticket is valid until 31 March 2017. Should the flight not be utilised by 31 March 2017, all unutilised flights will be forfeited.
The full comprehensive T&C’s will be mailed on announcement of the winner.
For more of my travels, find me on Instagram, Snapchat and Twitter. This post was sponsored by kulula but all opinions are my own.